Friday, April 16, 2010

Does POLE DANCING sound dirty or fun?

I tried a pole dancing class a few weeks ago. Yes, a pole dancing class...

I wasn't sure what to expect, and I did it with a group of women friends. It was fun, which I did expect, but it was SUCH great exercise! We were all SO sore the next day! For someone who exercises regularly, I don't get sore easily, but I felt it in my arms, my legs and my core for a few days after.

Before taking the class, I thought of pole dancing as a bit dirty but also as something that sounded like fun to do behind closed doors. I never thought I'd find myself thinking of it as exercise. And while everyone in the class had a great time, I found that after the class was finished, almost everyone was kind of embarrassed of taking the class and didn't want any pictures being posted on facebook or any other site that others would see them on a pole. 

So is it exercise, or is it still "dirty?"


1 comment: